Forgive the extended blogging hiatus, but we have been moving into our new house for the last week as well as fixing up my classroom. We also haven't had internet for the past week (which is probably a good thing).
Even though our house is fairly new, it has become increasingly apparent that the previous owners were not as meticulous as we are about cleaning. Or painting. We have incurred many unexpected costs as we discover more and more areas that need attention. For example, they apparently installed tile, but failed to seal the grout or ever mop the tile, for that matter. So we called Stanley Steemer...cha-ching! One room had a Spongebob wallpaper border around it, so we bought some wallpaper remover...cha-ching! It was also painted a bright green (appropriate for their three-year-old son, but not for us)...cha-ching! Flat paint in the master bedroom and bathroom intermittently spattered with what appeared to be chocolate or poo (fyi we did not do the "Baby Mama Chocolate or Poo Test")...cha-ching! Moldy caulking in the bathroom window...cha-ching! And the kicker--our washing machine stored for two years broke...cha-ching! Well, you get the point.
While we enjoy do-it-yourselfers just as much as anyone else, all of these little projects and hidden costs were simply unexpected. But we love our house and can't believe all of the space we have! It's incredible that I actually have drawers and cabinets in the kitchen that have nothing in them! One setback I discovered about having a large kitchen is that I cannot use the "one butt kitchen" excuse, and I actually have to help Doug with dinner ;)
I know I keep saying it, but pictures are to follow! Soon, I promise! Oh, and if I know you and you are in the area, come by and see our new house! We can't wait to have guests!
2 comments:
I sure wish we could be there with a loaf of bread and a pot of spaghetti! You could bake us some of your famous cookies and I could just forget about the bruchetta!;) Karl and Doug could reminisce about the wilderness, and we could OCD all over your new kitchen! XXOO Love, mom.
BTW; could you guys e-mail us with the new address?
Post a Comment