So, yesterday I got kicked. That's right, kicked. By a student. Here's how it went (names have been changed to protect the guilty):
A student came up to me with scratches on her arm. She said "Michael" scratched her. I asked him if this was true. He said, "They were just making me so mad!" I told him this behavior was unacceptable, and that he needed to go to the end of the line. At this, he screamed "I hate you!" (I'm assuming at me) and grabbed a chair and threw it across the room. Luckily, all my other kids were on the other side of the room. So I said, "Michael, you need to come with me." We went out into the hallway, where he promptly kicked me in the shin. Luckily, the principal was walking by and took him to the office.
This is what a child who is Emotionally Disturbed does. I wasn't surprised, because the SpEd teacher told me to expect this kind of behavior. However, he should not even be in a regular class if he has this disorder. But the parents refuse to let him be in an ED class. At what point does the safety of the other students factor in?
Anyways, today was a much better day for him. I will be more on the defense from now on though.
3 comments:
Maybe shin-guards wcould become a great, new fashion trend. :)
Dude. Teachers do not get paid enough to have to deal with kids like that. Hope you don't have any more violent encounters with this child. Sheesh!
dang! you need to take some self defense classes or something.....
Post a Comment