Ugh. So yesterday, I got my wisdom teeth out and I was SUPER scared. I wasn't allowed to eat from midnight until my appointment at 11:00 am. If you know me very well at all, then you know this was a big deal for me. I NEVER skip breakfast, and if I do, it's a bad deal. So anyways, I got there and was super hungry and nervous. I was on the verge of tears in the waiting room. Doug did his best to console me, but it wasn't happening. I was most scared about being put to sleep. I really didn't want to give in and let them cut me open. I didn't want to be at the mercy of someone else and give up control. But I had to.
They took me back into the room, and Doug wasn't allowed to come. I was in there for a little bit before the doctor came in, and I cried a little bit. Yeah, I know I'm a baby. Then they came in and asked me some questions. After that came the laughing gas. I just kept waiting for my fists to unclench. They didn't. I just started to feel kind of dizzy and weird. Then the doctor put in the I.V. and put the medicine in it. He said "This will probably feel itchy; that's normal."
Then I woke up. Doug was in there and I was trying to talk to him but had gauze in my mouth. He probably liked that I couldn't talk so much; I am a bit of a chatterbox! All in all, it wasn't so bad. I couldn't feel a thing when I woke up. I have had very little pain. Like I do quite often, I just made a mountain out of a molehill. Now that it's over, I feel like I really accomplished something. Like I'm braver. But only a little.
4 comments:
So did you get all 4 taken out? You ARE brave. I'm glad it was better than you thought, at least.
Ha ha, thanks for calling me brave! I only had 3, and the top two weren't fully developed. The only one that's bothering me is the bottom one.
I'm glad everything went well! I'm really hoping I don't have to get mine pulled it doesn't sound very fun haha :)
I think you are braver than you think! It's never easy to go under anesthesia. You hear of complications enough that sitting in the waiting can be pretty scary.
I'm glad it's over and, I am proud you made it through the anticipation. I am also so thankful that Doug was there to support you in body and spirit. I kinda like that guy! ;)
I love you guys!
Mom. XXOO
Post a Comment