About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

2nd and 3rd Sewing Projects!

For my second sewing project, I decided to make a nursing cover for a friend who is having twins. These things can cost up to 40 bucks in the store! They look so easy to make so I thought I'd give it a try. I looked online and found this pattern. The pattern is closest to the brand called Hooter Hiders (classy, huh?) It really was pretty easy, and I'm just a beginner!




Here it is! As you can see, the top has some boning in it so that the mother can make eye contact with her baby. It's still very private though.




Here are the straps. I wish I would have done them a little shorter and wider, but hey, they get the job done.


Since I had purchased some extra fabric "just in case" (like I said, I'm still a newbie), I had quite a bit left over. I decided to make a cute little diaper and wipes case for it (Ha ha at midnight the night before the baby shower). I found a pattern for it here. This was a pretty easy one to make too, but I thought of putting a button on afterward. I really wanted to make a button enclosure, but I would have needed to think of that before I started sewing. Luckily, I had a snap button I could use. I think it turned out pretty nice.



6 comments:

NameChanged said...

great job! I wish you had started this when I was preggers, cuz these things are cute!

Doug and Amanda said...

Hey, next time you're preggers, I'm gonna go crazy with the sewing!

Tori said...

So CUTE! And much better fabric than any of the ones they sell in the stores!

What am I getting ;-)

kkryno said...

I think you've found what to do for extra cash!

nate and amy crandell said...

oh my gosh, your amazing that sooo cute!!!

Doug and Amanda said...

Thanks guys! They're really fun to make! I just finished another for my cousin (maybe I should find other projects to do--nah!). This last one looks better.