About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School!

Well, summer came and went. It seems like it hardly even came. I had so much I wanted to do, but between weddings, weekends, visits, and other adventures, my to do list is nearly as long today as it was on May 28th. Ah, such is life, I suppose.

I am wrapping up my first full week of school with my new kiddos, and let me say, I am EXHAUSTED! Not only am I not used to getting up before 9:30 every day (yes, feel sorry for me), but these kids have a LOT of energy! I have been complaining to Doug that I don't "like" this class as much as last year's, but he reminded me that I said the same thing at the beginning of last year, and I ended up liking them better than the class before. I suppose it just takes time. I hope.

I am starting some new things this year. Mostly integrating more small group work, because even I get bored of hearing me talk. One big thing on my plate this year is my Professional Development Dossier. In English, it's a big portfolio/project I have to complete in order to move up a tier as a teacher and get a much needed pay raise. What it seems to comprise of is tooting my own horn. Hey, I'll do anything (legal) if it means a raise ;) There are a lot of us at the school that will be working on it, so it will be nice to have buddies that are going through the same thing. That way, we can meet and compare notes and hopefully make this thing a whole lot easier.

Anyways, sorry if this was boring. I think I just needed to write about my thoughts. I've felt so discombobulated lately. (Hey, I think I just spelled discombobulated correctly!) So I don't feel bad if you skim-read this post, or even skipped it.

And mom, here's your picture of my first day of school. (Yes, I still take a first-day-of-school picture every year. Probably will till I retire.)

5 comments:

NameChanged said...

Cute outfit! I didn't even skim, i really read it. I like the new layout of the blog. Love ya!

kkryno said...

I love first day of school pics! Great tradition. XOXO.

nate and amy crandell said...

You are so cute! And I love the new blog look!

Unknown said...

I remember those first few days back at school as a teacher are pretty brutal. Change is hard, but you will learn to like it. Good luck with the new class this year!

Tiphani said...

LOL! Sorry, I just skimmed and then read the last paragraph and then felt guilty! You so caught me! ;) But anyway, I LOVE that you take a first day of school pic! and I love your cutsie outfit! more posts please!