About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Monday, January 18, 2010

"New" chairs!

Ok, so I got a wild hair and decided to re-cover my kitchen chairs. Well, actually, we have never liked the fabric on the chairs and we have been meaning to cover them for almost 6 years. Last night was the night. I got the idea from this blog, which is going to get me into a lot of trouble: http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/

Anyways, here are the pics:
BEFORE: Ho-hum.

Yuck! Even though I've cleaned these, I cannot believe how nasty they are!

Naked Chair!

Taking off the old fabric:

SO MANY STAPLES!

We used the old fabric as a template...

So like most projects I start, Doug got dragged into it. Well, I think he just wanted to play with his new staple gun!


Here's a closeup of the fabric. I love the coral!

The finished product! Wowsa!


For comparison's sake...

3 comments:

kkryno said...

Nice!

:)

nate and amy crandell said...

They look GREAT!!! haha I had a wild hair this week to redo stuff too :)

GR said...

Excellent! Takes courage to destroy in order to create. A little color makes all the difference! Good Job!