Last night, Doug graduated with his Bachelor's in Biochemistry from UNM. On Monday, he starts his new job as an Immunochemistry Staff Scientist at a biotech company. Yeah, he's smart. He is always trying to explain to me what it is that he does, but I don't get it. It's like a different language.
I am SO very proud of him. He has worked very hard his entire school career. Countless nights were spent burning the midnight oil studying for his classes. It finally paid off and now he is done. Well, in a manner of speaking. He plans to continue on and get his Master's this fall.
You can tell the keynote speaker was noteworthy. Not. They had a politician speak, and all he did was talk about his accomplishments and how great he was. He must have been mixed up and forgotten that he was at a graduation and not a campaign rally. I texted with Doug the whole time. Tacky, I know, but that way it was like we were sitting with each other.
More pics to follow of his graduation party from today.
8 comments:
congrats- Doug!!! WE are SO PROUD!!!
what a smarty paints! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I just graduated too! Way to go. cousin! Hope you two have a very Merry Christmas!
Way to go Doug! And nice pics, except for the one of Doug clearing his nose on his sleeve. Now THAT's tacky... Oh, and please tell Vikki that is a very nice photo. She will never let anyone take pictures of either of us, and the family has been pleading so. Again, congrats.
Congratulations!!! that is soo awesome i bet that is a BIG relief! Have a Merry Christmas!
Congrats, Doug! That is awesome!
Dude Doug. Congratulations man. We are so happy for you. You have been a great friend.
You guys should totally find time to come down here and come snowboard. It is an amazing mountain. Can't wait to see you guys again!
I'm so very proud of you, Doug! You are a wonderful blessing in our lives and I am so glad that you are the person you are. You've worked so hard and not everyone can do the time needed in getting a degree.
I know that you and Amanda are a great combination, and the sky's the limit!
Congratulations!
BTW; great party! ;0)
Congrats Doug! Hey, where is the gray gown? I miss you guys so much! Come up and snowboard!!!!
Post a Comment