About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Larynx Issues

It's quite appropriate that my mother has been bothering me to make another post, because I currently have laryngitis or something like it. I can't really talk. Last night, I couldn't talk at all, and it was quite frustrating. Sometimes I would finally get something out, and Doug would ask me to repeat it. Grr.
Yesterday was parent teacher conferences, which was interesting because my voice sounded like a mixture of an emphysema patient and a 13 year old boy. It was very laborious to talk with these parents, physically and sometimes mentally, because I was actually quite nervous. Overall it went well though. I am always intimidated by parents because I think they are going to look down on me because I am so young, but they actually end up thinking I know what I am doing--imagine that!
My voice is a bit better today, but I am still trying to let it rest, which is, needless to say, difficult for me. Oh, and I've discovered something about Doug and me. People always think that I talk too much and that I don't let Doug talk, but that's not the case. He is just quiet. So last night was pretty boring, because neither of us talked. I felt like we were one of those old couples in the restaurant who don't say a word the whole time. Nice. I almost poked my own eyes out. I hope I get better soon.

6 comments:

NameChanged said...

Peace! At last there is Peace in the Standridge home! Like Depeche Mode says, "Enjoy the Silence."

nate and amy crandell said...

Oh I hope you get better! I always thought it was fun when i lost my voice:)!

GR said...

Are you contageous? I've a list of folks I'd like for you to meet...

Doug and Amanda said...

Ha ha, very funny. I'm not so sure that's not how I got it. Certainly someone was tired of hearing from me...

Theresa Cloyd said...

I don't think you have to go to such drastic measures to get some conversation flowing! Let's leave the eyes in tact for now, you have people to see!

Debbie & Don said...

How did graduation go? We were thinking about you. It was nice to see your mom and siblings at thanksgiving. Aunt Debbie