About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tiny Demons

Today I subbed in a kindergarten class. They are cute on an individual basis, but when there are 20 or so of them (I couldn't even count them because they wouldn't sit still!) they turn against you. Little monsters. One of them made me believe in ADHD. By the end of the day I just let him do his own thing, because without physical force (not abuse) it was impossible to make him do (or cease doing) anything. I wasn't about to physically put him in time out. At the end of the day, there was a riot because I didn't know about snack. The teacher didn't leave anything in her notes about it. They revolted, and so I found some snacks. I don't even care if that was what I was supposed to do or not. I wanted to get home in one piece. Did I mention that there was no assistant today? Yeah, I was all alone, and all of the other Kinder teachers were gone as well. Luckily, it was a half day. I just went home and passed out. They wore me out!

2 comments:

kkryno said...

Amanda..., how can you call those little angels monsters?!! I think grey hairs could be in your future if you sub for too many kinder-classes. I know you can handle it, though. I'm sure that if you are around much, they'll end up loving you as a teacher. How can they resist? XOXO Yo'Mama

NameChanged said...

Snack Attack!!!!! Srsly, 5 year olds have no boundries, so I get it. :)