About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Ice Cream or Something Like It

So tonight Doug had a mad hankering for a chocolate dipped cone from Dairy Queen. Actually, the craving began last night, but when we got to DQ last night it was closed. Instead we got plain vanilla cones from Sonic. Unfortunately, those did not quench Doug's thirst for a plain vanilla coned dipped in artificial chocolate covering from Dairy Queen. (Although I thought they were delicious!) So, we tried again tonight. Luckily, they were open, but everyone else apparently had the same craving as Doug. After waiting in line for quite some time, we ordered one medium chocolate-dipped vanilla cone and one chocolate dilly bar, which I had started to crave after he started talking about Dairy Queen. (You see, my dad occasionally used to pick up a bunch of dilly bars for us kids as a special treat--I was feeling reminiscent.)
We finally got to pay and they handed us our treats. Doug was disappointed in the appearance of his--"This is a MEDIUM?"--and I came to the sad realization that the dilly bar of my past was much different than the dilly bar of today. Mine was much smaller, and had been pre-packaged. We were let down by Dairy Queen. Next time, we'll just go to Coldstone. Or if we are in the Aztec area, the Vanilla Moose. :)

4 comments:

kkryno said...

I remember that D.Q.; on San Pedro, rhght? Anyway, it was quite disappointing. They have them up here and they are equally sad. I promise we won't eat at those types of places! Apple pancakes, lasagne, & bruchetta...lol! (: Love; Mom & Karl XOXO

NameChanged said...

Mmmm...Vanilla Moose. Did your bus ever stop at the Vanilla Moose at the end of the school year? We were naughty, so we never got it.

NameChanged said...

I tried to ask about buses and Vanilla Moose, but the Comment Monster ate it. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss the moose!