On the 19th, we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. So crazy! Yes, we were young'uns when we got married. I don't care.
We didn't have any big plans for our anniversary. I always pictured Hawaii for our ten-year, but...life happens. And that's ok! We were going to keep it low key. Like I said, no big plans.
Or so I thought.
Behind the scenes, Doug was planning a big surprise. It's what he does. And I was walking around without the slightest idea...because that's what I do.
He planned a private vow renewal, complete with a photographer (Latisha Carlson), hairstylist (Brittany Moreno), and flowers (Amy Balsters). They all had me under the impression that I was doing a shoot to showcase some flowers for Amy. After my hair and makeup was finished, Latisha handed me a bag and said, "Here, put this on. It's from Doug." Then it all came together, and I couldn't stop giggling!
In the bag was a beautiful, cream-colored lacy dress and peach-colored shoes. Doug had picked them out. And they fit! His attention to detail astounds me. He had spent 3 months orchestrating this whole event. How thoughtful of him to put in so much time and effort to make this memory. It's one of the many ways that he shows his love for me.
I rode with Latisha to the site for our vow renewal. She gave me the beautiful flowers and floral crown. We walked to this enchanted area under the trees, and Doug was standing there waiting for me. I felt a flood of emotion as I remembered the last time I walked toward him with a bouquet of flowers. So much has happened since that day. So much life has been lived; so many memories made. Tears cried. Laughter shared. And all of it has been with this amazing man I am so blessed to call my husband.
Luckily, a few days prior, Doug had casually mentioned that we should write some vows to one another. I, being the sentimental type, obliged. It was difficult though. I didn't know how to put into words how much he means to me. I worked on it for days, and luckily had it in my purse when all of this went down.
He grabbed my hand and took me to a place beneath the trees. He pulled out his vows and read them to me. He was so eloquent. I laughed, cried, and smiled. Then I read mine. It was funny because, a couple of years ago, we got the exact same card for each other on our anniversary. This year, we wrote vows to each other, and they started exactly the same! We are two peas in a pod.
I love the special memory that Doug thought to capture for our 10-year anniversary. Though the vows we said to one another 10 years ago haven't expired and don't need renewing, I love the romance in proclaiming our love once more. If you would like to see some of the pictures, go to http://www.mattandtish.com/blog/dougandamanda
1 comment:
:')
Post a Comment