About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ONE!

Ok, so I'm really a slacker here.  Nora turned 1 on April 5.  It is now June 17.  So I guess we can post about it.

I was really excited for Nora's first birthday.  I actually planned it ahead of time.  If you know me, you know that this is a great feat.  I'm not much of a "planner" but more of a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" type of girl.  However, all the planning kind of went down the tubes when, about a week before her birthday, Nora got some kind of virus, much like RSV.  She had to take Albuterol and be put on oxygen.  No fun.

Long story short, the large party that was planned was cut down to a few family members.  We had already made the decorations, so we put them up.  I felt so bad, because she just wasn't her normal, happy self.  But she was a good girl and I think she still enjoyed seeing everyone.

Here are some pictures from the day:
Grandpa made a surprise visit!

Aunt Emily too!

Yum!


Nora and Aunt Kathy playing with decorations.


Playing with cousins




Not extremely impressed with the cupcake...

1 made with cupcake liners.  :)

She was a trooper!


We dragged her O2 line outside so she could play on her play land from Nana and Papa!

We have another update on our other blog, if you are interested...Trials of Trying

No comments: