"Happy anniversary," were Doug's first words to me yesterday morning. He's more of a morning person than I am, so it took me a little longer to get my bearings and remember what day it was. :)
Our 8th anniversary! Yippee! Doug then brought me my gifts: A bronze statue, gummy bears, and chapstick. The bronze statue is significant because bronze is the traditional anniversary gift for 8 years. The gummy bears--well, they're my fave. And the chapstick--maybe for smooching? ;) Hee hee. Anyways, it was very sweet. Then he led me into the living where he had a slideshow of pictures through the years playing on the t.v. Not gonna lie; I got a little teary-eyed. I love how thoughtful and romantic Doug is. He always puts a lot of thought into his gifts.
The best part is that both of us got cards. We always get cards, and write special notes in them. I guess we've been together a long time, because we ended up getting the exact same card! Oh, the nerdiness of it all!
![]() |
| "Day by day, year after year, side by side... Being with you has been the adventure of a lifetime." |
We had dinner at Farina Pizzeria, a place that serves gourmet (and gluten-free!) pizza. Yum! Then we went to an Isotopes baseball game (so Doug could try on his new hat ;) ) We had a really nice time. Our seats weren't the best; the sun was in our eyes for the first hour or so. But once the sun went down, it was nice and cool, and we could see the game just fine. The point is we were together. And we always have a good time when we're together. :)
| Squinty! |



2 comments:
Oh my goodness!
You guys are tooo CUTE!
Love ya both!
XXOO
(Is that too many exclaimation points?)
I'm going to throw up because of HOW CUTE you two are! Oh my gosh, I love that you got the same card for each other!! Happy 8 years!
Post a Comment