About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Vacation to Punta Cana, DR

Hello all.  How do we do this whole blogging thing again?  It's been a while. 

We took a trip at the beginning of June to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  It was ah-mazing!  The reason for our trip was to attend my friend's destination wedding.  But it was also our vacation.  We were able to stay for a week, and it was pure bliss.

 We stayed at the Hard Rock Casino Resort, which was beautiful.  
When we arrived, they gave us cool towels and a flower.  Classy!
 They had a couple of clubs, and 14 restaurants!  All inclusive, of course.  :)  The food was good, but not excellent.  It was nice not to have to pay at the end of a meal.  It was funny; we found ourselves sitting around for a while after we ate, just waiting.  I think we're just used to waiting for a check.  Now we have to get used to paying again!  Hopefully we don't "dine and dash" anytime soon!
 It was so romantic to be in a tropical location with no worries or responsibilities. 
 There were also 14 pools.  So relaxing.  They were all shallow, I guess because they don't want all the drunk people to drown. 
 The beaches were absolutely amazing; the sand was like powdered sugar!
Aren't we such a cute couple!
 Our friend, Sheree, on her big day.  What a beautiful bride!
 Played some beach baseball and volleyball.  Great fun!
 We took a free painting class on the beach.  I thought those were the coolest souvenirs! 
 More night life.  We salsa danced, did karaoke, and played pool while we were there.  LOVE salsa dancing!
 The water was crystal clear and so warm.  If you have not experienced a Caribbean beach you should try it some time!
 Oh yes the flight home... Started at 3:30 am, had to be on the shuttle at 4:20 am.  Our flight left at 7:45am and we didn't get home until 1:50 am the next day DR time.  Horrible day of travel!
 Sad to leave face and this is way tooooo early.
Yes, Amanda slept in the airport.  23 hours of travel?  No thank you.  It COULD have been a 10 hour trip, but that would have been too easy. 

All in all, a great time was had.  Getting back to reality has been the hardest part ;) 


Love,
Doug and Amanda

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, and yes, you two are a very cute couple! And I think you deserve an award for surviving 23 hours of travel. Since I don't have a google account or a url, the only option they give me is to post my comment as 'anonymous'. My ineptness on the internet should be your first clue that I'm of the older generation. And I'm also known as Stacey's mom. :o}

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I must say - the towel picture is my favorite though!

kkryno said...

What is this blog thing you speak of?
Something from ancient times?

Great post, Amanda! You guys look like you had a blast!

:)

Anonymous said...

i heart you, amanda.
love, rachel

nate and amy crandell said...

seriously jealous! that beach looks amazing! Glad you 2 were able to get away :)

Rosalie said...

I am glad you went and had a good time! Great photos!

NameChanged said...

Cute! I'm glad you had fun!