About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Did It!

As many of you know, I am finishing up my 3rd year of teaching.  I can't believe it's already been 3 years!  In New Mexico, between your 3rd and 5th years of teaching, you have to complete what's called the Professional Development Dossier.  It is basically a giant paper that "proves" that you are a good teacher.  Mine was 54 pages and included a snapshot of instruction, evidence of professional development, and a collection of student work.  It was a major undertaking, much more than I had anticipated.  Well, I found out yesterday that I passed!  This means I will continue teaching, and hopefully won't ever have to do something like this again.  And it also means I get a raise, which is definitely a plus!  Thanks to all of you who have prayed for and encouraged me throughout this process.  And give all the teachers in your life a hug :)

Amanda

2 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Congrats, Amanda!

NameChanged said...

Congrats sister. I'm very proud of you, and I know how hard this project is. Good work!