But now we have a BEAUTIFUL new school! We were supposed to move in January, but of course that was pushed back. We were finally given the dates of April 27 and 28 to set up our classrooms. We didn't get into our classrooms until the afternoon of the 27th because the fire marshall hadn't done the inspection yet. We are official now, and we had our first day with the kids today. They were SO excited! They just kept commenting how roomy it was! We toured all day, and I was so exhausted when I came home that I took a 3 hour nap! I am so thankful that I get an opportunity to work in such a beautiful environment in my first year of teaching! One of my coworkers has been in a portable for 9 years. I feel so blessed!
About Me
- Doug and Amanda
- It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
NEW SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!
We are FINALLY in our new school building! This has been a long process. We began the year in portables. We had music, lunch, and library in the classroom. PE was held in a small portable. Our playground was servicing 3 schools, a total of 1,800 students. Fire drills were crazy--we walked from our portables into the school whose campus we shared. Parking was a nightmare. Air conditioning didn't work. Etc, etc, woe was me...
But now we have a BEAUTIFUL new school! We were supposed to move in January, but of course that was pushed back. We were finally given the dates of April 27 and 28 to set up our classrooms. We didn't get into our classrooms until the afternoon of the 27th because the fire marshall hadn't done the inspection yet. We are official now, and we had our first day with the kids today. They were SO excited! They just kept commenting how roomy it was! We toured all day, and I was so exhausted when I came home that I took a 3 hour nap! I am so thankful that I get an opportunity to work in such a beautiful environment in my first year of teaching! One of my coworkers has been in a portable for 9 years. I feel so blessed!
















But now we have a BEAUTIFUL new school! We were supposed to move in January, but of course that was pushed back. We were finally given the dates of April 27 and 28 to set up our classrooms. We didn't get into our classrooms until the afternoon of the 27th because the fire marshall hadn't done the inspection yet. We are official now, and we had our first day with the kids today. They were SO excited! They just kept commenting how roomy it was! We toured all day, and I was so exhausted when I came home that I took a 3 hour nap! I am so thankful that I get an opportunity to work in such a beautiful environment in my first year of teaching! One of my coworkers has been in a portable for 9 years. I feel so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Amanda, that is so beautiful! The playground looks awesome as well.
I'll bet the kids feel as blessed as you do about being on the "ground floor" of this new school.
I'm so proud of you and so happy for your students!
:)
That looks magnificent!
Wow! That looks like such a nice school! I'm so happy for you and your kids, portables are horrible! YAY!
how exciting!!!! the school is beautiful!!!
Wow! Beautiful school. Too bad it took so long to get in.
that's awesome!! the playground looks really fun! what a nice school.
Hey, did you get Orbit's autograph for K.?
Post a Comment