I am a bit of a nut. I really really like to organize. This isn't to say that I am super organized, but the idea of it all just calls to me. When I was little, my parents would tell me to clean my room, and I would always start by emptying out my toybox and organizing it. It drove them NUTS, but I couldn't stand having the floor and whatnot clean if the toybox was just going to be a mess. Anyone else like that?
Anyways, I've been working through some residual nesting lately. It's weird. Maybe because I'm home all day, staring at the house, coming up with improvements that need to be made. Or maybe it's because I return to work in less than a month, and I feel a sense of urgency to tie up any loose ends at home. Regardless of the reason, it is causing me to spend way too much time on Pinterest.
So here is one of the sights that has been staring me in the face.
 |
| Shriek! |
Yup. That's the drawer that holds all the spatulas and other kitchen what-nots. Good luck finding anything in there.
While I was still pregnant with Nora, around the time that "we" (ahem, Doug) redid her closet, I found this
gem on Pinterest from
www.bystephanielynn.com . We purchased the materials months ago, but never got around to it.
Until now.
 |
| Doug's so handy. He made the insert so that it was removable. Good idea, Doug! |
 |
| "And I helped!" I put shelf liner in all the drawers this weekend. I love the pop of color it adds! |
 |
| Squeeee! Lookit. Lookit all the organizy-ness. |
 |
| "A place for everything, and everything in its place." And then in that place, have more places for the things. |
 |
| Hmm. The store-bought attempt at organization. Would slide all around the drawer. |
 |
| Better than nothing, BUT... |
 |
| For the win!!! |
 |
| Maybe we should make one for this junk drawer? |
Well, there you have it. I keep opening the drawers to see how pretty they are. Maybe I'll just leave them open all the time now. Oh, and last time we did a kitchen project, we were adding the hardware to the cabinets and drawers. We were in the middle of the project when we got a phone call from the doctor saying we were pregnant! Every time I touch a handle or knob in that kitchen, I'm reminded of that day. (Ok, enough of the mushy stuff. Go organize your drawers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment