About Me

My photo
It's been 10 amazing years together! We now have a beautiful baby girl. Doug works as an "immunochemistry staff scientist" at a biotech company. Amanda is enjoying her job as a third grade teacher. Our pup, Charlie keeps us busy and entertained!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby Shower #2

I know this is out of order, but here are some pictures of my second baby shower, hosted by my insanely creative and sweet friend, Crystal Baldwin.  I didn't have my camera at the last shower, so I am waiting on some shared pics from guests.  Don't worry; I'll post those as soon as I get them.  I just figure I'd better post this stuff before Eleanor gets here!

Showin' the belly at 33 weeks, I think.  I love the banner that my friend Crystal made! 


The invitation.  I love it!

Late night diaper thoughts!  Everyone wrote a message on a diaper for those midnight changings!

My favorite part!  Crystal asked everyone to bring a letter of the alphabet (she assigned letters) and held a contest.  People got so creative!  I couldn't choose a winner, so we took a vote.  The L made by my friend Aliza won.  She took an Alice and Wonderland book, cut it into the shape of an L, and pasted pictures from the book all around it.  It looks amazing, and took forever, I would imagine!  I  love how everyone got so crafty!  I still need a couple more letters, and then we will put these on the wall in the nursery.  I can't wait!

We decorated bibs.  Some of these were downright funny!

Reserved seating.  Awesome!

"Baby Shower", get it? 

Words of love for Nora.  And the flowers are pens!

Talking with my friend Aliza.  She took a lot of these pictures for me, and was the winner of the alphabet contest!

My aunt Kathy setting out some quiches.  It was a breakfast theme because, well, breakfast is best!

My friends Kisha, Crystal, and Nichole working hard to make everything perfect!  Thank you girls!

Crystal made the most delicious cupcakes!  They were (almost) too cute to eat, but I went for it anyways, and I'm glad I did!

Details.

I was so blessed to have so many friends and family there. 

Even if they hijacked the camera.

Decorating bibs. 


Getting ready to open presents.  I look like a kid on Christmas morning!  All except the pregnant belly part.  Kids don't have pregnant bellies. 

It's amazing how difficult it becomes to bend over to pick things up!  This is obviously at the beginning of opening presents, or else I would look really exhausted.  
All in all, it was a very nice baby shower.  Very pretty, and lots of fun!  My favorite part is just being with all the people who make me smile.  Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate and helped us get ready for Nora!  I can't wait for her arrival!
Amanda

2 comments:

kkryno said...

Looks like a great time! So neat to see Jackie and Holly and both Kathy's and Bailey there along with many others. You have many folks who care about you and it makes me so happy! :)

Unknown said...

so super cute!!! you look amazing! seriously glowing!! can't wait to see pics of adorable nora! :)