![]() |
| It's a GIRL!!!! (Hence Doug's bright pink shirt, purchased exclusively for this event.) |
Eleanor Fern Standridge
We'll call her Nora for short. Eleanor means "light", and she has already been a light in some really dark times. Fern was my great-grandmother's middle name, and the main character in my favorite children's book, Charlotte's Web.
She is a healthy, active girl. She was scratching her head, kicking her feet, and moving her mouth. She's already a little chatterbox!
We had to have the ultrasound because I have an M antibody in my blood, which, if it crosses the placenta, can cause the baby to be anemic. Thankfully, there is not much of it in my blood, so it could likely be a false positive, or not enough to have much of an effect on the baby. They wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure she is growing and developing properly, which she is! She weighs 7 oz., and is measuring the right size for how old she is.
![]() |
| Her little profile. |
![]() |
| You can see her cheekbones in this one. Crazy! |
![]() |
| This shows the bones of her leg and foot, as well as her arm and hand. |




5 comments:
AMAZING. Congratulations! I am so so happy for you guys. <3
I am over the moon! Just sayin'.
:D
Congratulations!!! SO incredibly happy for you and the name is adorable!
Gimme that Nora Fern! I love her!!!
Aaaah! How EXCITING! We're expecting our first little girl as well :)
I love her name... It is beautiful!
Post a Comment